Tuesday 3 May 2011

Technique Tuesday: The Leather Glove Spanking

One of my favourite things is a spanking.  I like intense spankings, that go on longer than I might want them to - and that is part of the point.  I want to be taken past my comfort level, taken to where I have tears in my eyes and am struggling against the blows.  Light, sensual spankings have their place, and are definitely also a turn-on, but there is really no replacement for a serious spanking.  It's something I need soul-deep every once in a while.

The problem with these spankings is that my behind is bigger than my Master's hand, despite how big his hands are.  That means he gets as much of a sting to his hand as I do to my bottom, often to an extreme degree by the time I'm pushed over the edge of what I really need from a spanking.  We needed a solution that left his hand intact and my bottom aching to the degree that I need and he desires.  We also were hoping to maintain the intimacy of a hand-to-bottom spanking.  While I love other impact toys, there is a specific kind of intimacy that comes from him using his hands that is absolutely irreplacable, in my opinion (this comes to other kinds of play, too.  Maybe I'm just an attention whore - hah.)

Our solution?  Leather gloves.

Leather of course has a feel that is similar to skin, because of course it is skin, just not human.  Our small dog will verify this; she takes comfort from licking, and when we're tired of tongue baths, she chooses to lick our leather furniture.  But I digress...

The experience itself was interesting.  Midway through an over the knee spanking, there was a sudden coolness to his caress on my overheated bottom.  Whoah.  Had he changed hands?  No.  The smell of leather.  I figured it out; the gloves had come on.  My headspace completely changed.  For some reason, the gloves going on told me that this was about to get really serious.

Then... smack.  Oh, well that wasn't bad.  It was way more thuddy than a bare hand, and much less painful.  As the thuds continued, I found myself at first raising my bottom for more and more.  I wasn't getting the sting of a regular spanking, but the rather diffuse impact that some thuddy impact toys can cause.  I liked that I was still getting the intimacy of the caresses and squeezes in between spanks, and I didn't feel as removed from him as I do during some impact play (hard to feel disconnected anyway, when you're naked on someone's lap!)

Over time, I could feel the blows getting harder and harder, but it was a significantly different kind of spanking than usual.  I did get to the tears in my eyes point, but I think my Master was slightly disappointed that there wasn't more of a struggle to get away.  Usually I'm trying to crawl off in other directions, but there were only a couple of minor attempts, because I didn't really have that fear response that I usually do.  I think this was because of the thuddiness of the blows.  I will take an extremely hard beating from a thuddy flogger, for instance, and make very little attempt to escape it, but some other implements (the times we've used a wooden spoon, for instance) where very quickly I am trying to get my behind out of the way.

Just to explain, I do try to hold still.  Usually I'm not restrained for a beating.  It's when the animal part of my mind takes over that I try to crawl away, and occasionally I'm not even aware that I'm doing it.  It's about being reduced to pure instinct, and then taken in hand, because even when the primordial fight or flight part of my brain comes alive, he's still in control.

My overall opinion?  Leather gloves are interesting, for a different style of spank.  It's not something I think I would request over all, though if it helps my other half give a spanking in more comfort for him, it's certainly not something I would complain about.  It makes it much easier to take a very long spanking, and left much less residual soreness afterwards, and less heat.  A technique worth exploring, if spanking is a regular event in a household.

Read His View for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment