Friday 27 May 2011

Review Thursday: Singapore Stinger III

A few weeks ago I put in an order at an online website called Pink Cherry.  They are located in Canada and actually had some decent prices.  Some of the stuff you see here in the next few weeks came from them as well.  They even gave me free shipping on my order (over $75) so that was an added bonus.  Those of you in the US, I envy you when it comes to shopping for 'toys', you don't know how good you have it.

The first thing from the order I wanted to try was a new lightweight paddle called the Singapore Stinger III.  I was actually disappointed when it arrived, the size on the website was hard to determine and this just wasn't what I was picturing.  It's fairly small - actually it's smaller than the palm of my hand (the blade portion) and the handle is tiny and the weirdest shape I've ever seen.  Who makes a handle that narrows toward the blade?  It also has a wrist strap to prevent 'throwing' it.  I laughed at the time, but actually ...

So - to the review. First, like I've said before, because of my hands it makes using some toys difficult.  I'm a big man, and I have big hands.  This toy was definitely no exception.  First I tried gripping the handle fully like a rod.  The neck of the handle narrows where it gets close to the blade, so my index finger couldn't even curl tightly around it.  The thing is narrower than one of my knuckles and I can't squish my bone together to get a better grip.  This caused the thing to be somewhat unstable in my grip, flipping forward and backward a bit.  I also found it nearly impossible to deliver a solid smack with it.  My knuckles contacted her skin before the paddle did, forcing me to do a 'wrist twist' kind of thing at the end of a snap to make the paddle actually contact her skin first.

I then tried to move my hand down the handle a bit, which meant I was holding it with two fingers and my thumb around the fat portion of the handle.  This also did not work, I could manage to smack her with it, but it kept wanting to fly out of my hand since the handle is weirdly rounded on the edges and perfectly flat otherwise.

After that I tried paying my index finger across the back of the handle for added stability while still using two fingers to hold the handle.  This seemed to work, but every slap kept pressing my index finger back until after just a few minutes it was too sore to continue.  No luck at all.

I moved to holding just the end of the handle between my thumb and forefinger, much like I did with the spatula, and used the motion of my fingers and wrist to just do a rhythmic taptapping.  This seemed to actually work well, but again, it was top heavy and my fingers got tired from holding onto it quite quickly.

The only good thing I really have to say about it, is man did you know it was hitting something.  I swear you could hear the smacks outside (when I could actually deliver them properly at least).  This is probably the worst toy I've ever used, and we both ended up feeling pretty shitty when we were done.  Her because I just couldn't control the damn thing and it was painful without being fun, and me because I just couldn't comfortably use it and ended up hurting her for no good reason.

In retrospect if I'd kept to more of a soft tapping without trying to deliver the usual force that I do during a spanking it might have been ok (note: warmups only), but as a full out 'single spanking toy' this just fails.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought a 'Singapore Stinger', was a pliable swishy bamboo cane, That dances delightfully and painfully, upon a naughty woman's bare bottom, after she receives 'six or more strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think so, wouldn't you? Maybe that's the III part of it. They have a Singapore Stinger II on the site as well, though that's a rectangular bamboo paddle, so perhaps it's number one that's the cane?

    ReplyDelete