Saturday 14 May 2011

BDSMedia - Law & Order Los Angeles: Runyon Canyon

Aired Monday May 9, 2011
(( Warning Spoilers ))

My girl and I were just watching this today (we DVR everything then watch with no commercials, yay technology!).  I was actually happy with how things eventually turned out.

The show started with an implied rape scene.  A woman trying to escape, smashing something under her foot and falling, then being caught by the man that exited the bedroom behind her.  Unable to run any longer he checks out her foot, tells her 'it isn't so bad' then drags her back into the bedroom.  Kind of hot - have to admit, though her screaming and crying wasn't so hot.

Through the investigation they discover that it was actually a foursome, with another girl holding down the 'victims' hands and giving directions while the other two guys have sex with the held down woman.  The sex was apparently rough, and they were experimenting, both with hot wax and breath play (both things I enjoy).  Since I've only dabbled in wax I had to ask my girl how a person could get burns from it, I thought hot wax was relatively safe.  She told me that scented candles contain oil that makes them burn hotter and can cause 1st degree burns if dripped too close to the skin.  Good to know.  I seemed to remember there was a reason I used tapers.

Now, I don't really see anything wrong with what happened (other than the girl ending up dead, that would suck) but the 'Domme' type girl in question here really gets slammed. The term 'sexual deviant' flies around in addition to 'evil and sadistic'.  That's the kind of thing that always gives me a bit of a sad twinge when I watch television.  Like one small kink suddenly makes you an evil pervert or something.  There is at least some balancing by the secondary characters, one of which tries to instill some sense into everyone else - 'you know, they're just young and experimenting' ... too bad we can't be old and still experiment and have it be ok.

Anyway - the girl gets slammed, pretty hard for her 'life choices' - and her parents cry, saying how 'this isn't the girl they know'.  Most of the usual stuff you see about kink on the television.  Nothing new there.  I was prepared when they arrested her to have to sit through a guilty verdict - that's usually how it goes, the 'evil sadistic deviant' can't control themselves, so they kill someone because they 'dare' question them.

I was actually pleased in this case that on top of there being a bit of balance making this an 'ok' thing, that in the end she didn't do it, and doesn't go to jail.  Her parents still love her, and all is well in their universe.  It was nice to see.

1 comment:

  1. I want to mention that I was also offended by the girl herself on the stand, when she stated "It's not like a lifestyle, we were experimenting." Well dude, if it's okay to experiment, it should be okay to live it as a lifestyle too. Usually I hate when people call it a lifestyle, so it's interesting that my inner hothead got worked up on that one.

    I did like that she was presented as a good girl and not a slut though, not someone who slept around, as often that is implied by the mainstream media when a person is also kinky.

    ReplyDelete